Types of projects
What types of projects
The application procedure is open for all kinds of projects related to biomass conversion for energy production with no restriction on the topic concerned.
Find an extensive but non-exhaustive list of possible biomass that can be considered within BIO-PROM. The biomass mentioned in the list can be used for the production of biofuels, heat or electricity.
(1) Plants, constituent parts of plants, and the energy sources produced from plants and their constituent parts, such as
- Grass (silage)
- Sugar beet (pulp)
- Oilseed rape
(2) Waste and by-products (of plant and animal origin) from agriculture, forestry and fisheries and the respective downstream processing operations
- Poultry droppings
- Forestry residues
(3) Waste wood from the forest-based industry
- Saw dust
- Wood chips
(4) Material from landscape conservation and various organic matter obtained by maintenance of water bodies, including their banks
- Residues from landscape conservation
- Residues from water body and shore maintenance
For further information concerning projects to be please consult our Info-Package.