BIO-PROM provides you with actual information on legal framework. The information on recent developments on legal framework was requested by the active network of BIO-PROM (project proponents,, political and financing partnerers as well as connected network) and is updated in close cooperation with the AWG both Ukraine and Russia.
Below you can find important legal documents concerning bioenergy.
Legal Framework on European level
COM(2010)11 final - Report from the Commission of 25 February 2010 to the Council and the European Parliament on sustainability requirements for the use of solid and gaseous biomass sources in electricity, heating and cooling
Download: (de) (en)
Legal Framework in Germany
- Renewable Energies Act (EEG)
- Biomass-Electricity Sustainability Regulation (BioSt-NachV)
- Combined Heat and Power Act (KWKG)
- Renewable Energies Heat Act (EEWärmeG)
- Federal Pollution Control Act ( BImSchG)
- Federal Pollution Control Regulations (BImSchV), which, inter alia, are important for the bioenergy sector.
1. BImSchV - Regulation on small and medium-sized combustion plants (de)
4. BImSchV - Regulation on installations requiring approval (de)
13. BImSchV - Large combustion plant regulation (de)
17. BImSchV - Regulation on incinerators for waste and similar combustible materials (de)